Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Crazy Summer Maddness

Okay, things didn't exactly work out the way I'd planned.  I ended up having to get a job to pay some bills while I waited for grad school to start.  In the meantime, Aidan was freaking out because I didn't give him enough of a "summer".  We tried one day and here are the results:

There was just no fighting him on this.

He really did try...

So we came to an agreement.  He still had to do his daily writing prompts but I would postpone the start of "school" until August 1st.  He was very quick to agree to these terms.  In the meantime, we did very well with getting the writing prompts done on most days at first, and then that quickly dwindled down until we weren't doing it at all.  I blame my tiredness from my new job. 

We also did a volunteer bit at the Blue Plum Festival.  We got to direct traffic for the runners of the 5k.  You can see that Aidan had a blast with this and afterwards we got to enjoy the festival!

At 6am, on our way to the festival.  We had to walk because the buses didn't run that early!

He loved that orange flag.  We saw a lady from church and they had an epic flag fight.  Not sure what I did with those photos though.

Here we are at our designated station, ready to protect the runners from traffic!!

Afterwards, we headed over to the Hands On Museum and had some fun!

This wasn't the day of the festival, but he looks so darned cute in my hat :)

We can't wait for Devon to get here next Monday!  I'm on sick leave from work until next Tuesday (I hurt my shoulder at work) so I think I'm going to take this time to get us ready for the August first deadline.  I still need to get all of our paper work together and find an umbrella school, though I'm thinking about the Home Life Academy.

I'll keep you all updated!


No comments:

Post a Comment