Thursday, June 2, 2011

Fudge!

I know you've been wondering what holidays we're celebrating today so I'll tell you!  Today is National Running Day and "Yell 'Fudge' at cobras in North America" Day.  Kind of a ridiculous holiday huh?  Aidan's EXCITED. We'll pull up photos of cobras and yell 'fudge!' at them as loud as we can.  I wonder how long I'll last lol.  I'm going to try and sneak in some learning...we'll see if he catches on lol.

Tomorrow's writing prompt is:
We've just learned a lot about feet.  Write a short story about where your feet would go if you couldn't stop them.


Just to clarify, I bought a composition notebook for the writing prompts and to keep the boys from getting overwhelmed they never have to write more than one page (1 side).  They are free to write more if they want, but they never have to.  I'm also going to try and switch it up so they're not always writing essays and such.  Yesterday's prompt was just a list.  Also, to keep the prompts simple, I write them on the top margin with the date on the side so we can have a record.

Anywho, that's the plan.  We'll see how it works out today.

No comments:

Post a Comment